Sunday, 30 March 2008

CHEENA PORK

I'm finally back. After a few days of not being online cos' I'm a busy man. Haha. On a random note, I've started playing viwawa. So... if your bored at home, and you happen to see me online, you can ask me to join you for a game of mahjong/wahjong. But no promises that I'll oblige with your request everytime because I may have my homework/studying/mugging to do. LOL.

Alright, today's topic will be what you people are dying to hear. Haha.

WHY DO I DISLIKE CHEENA POP.
(No offense here though, but just a sharing of my thoughts)
.
1) MOST of the cheena pop singers can't compose their own songs. They have their sort of personal songwriters to write songs for them. Its like dude, where's the REAL music talent of a MUSICIAN. But to give credit, there are also some talented ones who writes their own music. Thats a respect.
Well, its like they are the puppets for the songwriters. The songwriters are just using them for their voice, their X-factor etc.
But still... being puppets, they gain admirations and recognition from the multitudes.
.
2) If you ever noticed, cheena pop songs are solely written, or to be more fair, MOSTLY written in the context of love. Its like EVERY SINGLE CHINESE SONG WRITES ABOUT LOVE. While I do not deny that love trancends all boundaries, and there are more than a zillion things to write about love, BUT why can't chinese songs be more interesting?
Well, at least in english songs, or at least Rock N' Roll (my kind of genre) they write more meaningful stuffs BY THEMSELVES. Though mainly the lyrics aren't that healthy, writing about sex, drugs and all, but at least they provide a wider variety of topics to base their songs on. Anyway, they do write their songs on life, sufferings in the world, happenings in the world (e.g war) etc. just a few examples to show that NOT most of the songs are only on love.
.
3) I'm just plain biased. I dislike the chinese language. Haha.
.
Well, all these are just my humble point of view. Please do not take it against me. I still love chinese music though (A TINY WEENY BIT of it) I do admit that there are indeed NICE CHINESE SONGS. Apologies if I offended your idol.
.
To end this post, I shall post a half cheena, half canto song that I like... see, at the very least, I still do support chinese music.

No comments: