Saturday, 12 April 2008

Say Hello To Courtship

This blog has been rather dead... so I've decided to revive it of course. Just for the sake of blogging thats all.
Anyway, I've been indulging myself in this book called :Boy meets Girl.

To clear up misconceptions, this book: Is NOT a chick flick, its NOT a book teaching you how to woo girls. Its actually a book for christians. Those are some misconceptions my friends had when they saw me reading the book. Not that you have to agree or follow all that is written in the book. You could just treat it as a guildline or something to open your view wider to courtship.
The book actually writes on how a christian should have a romance with purpose, including God into the picture of your love life rather than make it a 2 person relationship only. At the start it tells you about setting a purpose of courtship, for example having an aim in your relationship. Then it talks about mixing wisdom and romance together. Its like giving you advices of not to indulge the relationship into such a romantic haven to the extend that you lack wisdom and logic in the relationship.

Next would be the 2nd part of the book where it talks about an interesting topic about gender roles. Like what a role of a male should be in a relationship quoted from the bible, vice versa. You may not agree with the gender roles part, but I think it did benefitted me. Oh, and it teaches you about the christian values of having sex after marriage. It talks about how true love will wait till after marriage before you have your "sexy time". If your a non-christian with "open" values, you may find this stupid.

Last sextion, I mean section would be about confessing your past sins etc. to your partner. Of course you wouldn't want your partner to be kept in the dark forever right? But of course it advises you to do it tactfully. And it gives you advises and sort of questions to ask yourself if your ready for marriage. (I know its totally irrelevant) But you can use it for courtship too. I think the question can apply to whether your ready for a courtship. And it talks about the sweetest things of love and marriage.

Well, that the book. Anyway, there are also little love stories here and there, and I found some very touching and romantic. I enjoyed the book, but I would only recommend it for christians because a non-christian reading it wouldn't really understand what the author is conveying and he may find the book stupid. (Like some of my friends)

No comments: