Tuesday, 9 January 2007

Orientation Part 2

I'm very free to write about the orientation today.This is because I got SENT HOME for DYED HAIR.They had a spot check today and around 60 to 70 boys were caught.Some were let off and about 56 of us were sent home to get our hair done.So I took a bus home,went to buy my black hair dye and then go home.I just applied my dye and have to wait another hour for the dye to take effect.So here I'm writing this post while waiting for my dye to take effect.

Moving on to orientation,on the 3rd day,we had chapel in the morning.There was a time of worship and a time of sermon.This lasted for about half an hour before we proceed to the classrooms to register our subject combinations.The subjects I chose were Econs,History,Maths and H1 Chemistry.After the registration,we went to the hall for CIP.It was boring.We had to paint glass cups to be sold,and I was paired up with this girl called Joyce.We painted watermelon on the glass.After the painting,we had our lunch.

Following activities were stage games.We played this game called dare and dare.A person from each kingdom would go on stage to play this game.The games included acting,finding choclate in a huge box of others things stuffed inside and dancing.Ya,I was almost "sabo-ed" for the dacing part.Lucky enough someone took my place or I would have to blindfold myself to dance on stage.The dancing was the funniest.At 1st,everybody was very shy to dance and they barely moved.Then one girl started dancing.However 1 guy still did not dance.Thus the host sent the other 4 people out of stage and left this guy alone on stage.Then they asked him to dance.His movements were freaking funny.I don't know how to describe but everone laughed like nuts.Then he was asked to take off his blindfold and he realised that he was alone on stage.I bet he's very embarrassed.

After the games,my kingdom moved to Lecture theatre for a gathering.We practiced our cheer for the last time,and we moved to the gallery for the finale preparations.The group in charge of identity was the busiest and my group was the most slack of all.This is because we were in charge of the mascot and there was nothing much to do for it.So we slacked,and went to have our dinner earlier than other groups.=) After all the preparations,it was finale night.Every kingdom presented their mascots on stage and every kingdom presented their cheers.in the end,my kingdom only won the prize for the best identity as we were the best looking people in the cultural centre.Haha.Everyone in my kingdom was dressed like superman mixed with ninja turtle with our hands painted green.

After that we had our final activity of the orientation which was DISCO NIGHT.We had a live band playing on stage while we dance like crazy.But its kind of weird because some of the songs they play is christian songs and it feels weird for me to dance and club.They did play some pop songs too.Another flaw was that the vocals couldn't be heard clearly and the songs they play weren't Rock N' Roll songs.LOL.So I couldn't get 100% high.The whole thing ended at about 9pm.Then,my group went to have supper together.We ate and talked and waited for our group leader.But he hasn't even reached at around 11pm.So we went home.I reached home at about 12 midnightand I was dead tired.Took a bath and sleep.

No comments: