Friday, 21 December 2007

Youth Group Camp

Back from my camp this morning. Well, all in all it was quite fun, just that the schedule in the camp is very tight which make things very difficult for Julia and me(Games I/C). And I've learnt my lesson never to be a games i/c anymore. Haha. Well, at least it was an experience for me.

Controlling a large group of people is certainly a very tiring job, especially when I do not want to shout at them. Well, its because I think that shouting and yelling in camp just resembles NCC camp and stuff, and since its a church camp and not some discipline camp, shouting may dampen the mood and fun in the camp. So I think self discipline should be instilled, rather than authorities having to discipline. Yeah, I know I'm one of those more ill-discipline ones. Guess I experienced what its like to deal with people like myself. Haha.

Well, this year's camp has a better dorm activity than previous years. Hahaha. You people should know what I mean, waking up in the middle of the night, hanging up "national flags", recording songs. Haha. And this year's camp was the first where I got to play soccer! Yes, proper soccer on the basketball court, as usual. Previous years didn't have any location for us to play soccer at all. Well, I also had my fair share of playing basketball as well, though I don't appreciate that sport. Sadly, I didn't really get involved in the bbq this year. I was busy with the appreciation cards, and all I did was just taking some food and eat, then it was off to soccer and basketball. And this year's waterbomb fight was kinda lame. Like they really put a border between girls and guys that we have to fight each other and it took so long to settle down and play it. I think that such games should be like free for all. And throw bombs at the people who aren't wet yet, especially the teachers! Sadly this year we didn't get to throw at them like what we did the previous years. Last year's waterbomb fight was the best. Haha.

The sermons this year aren't exactly very touching too. But some are quite interesting, like "Sex & Love", and "homosexuality". Haha. I meant that these workshops are more of the interactive kind, but the sermon wasn't impactful, nor did I learn much. I felt like the pastor was just repeating the same point in different examples and phrases for the whole 3 sessions of his sermons. But food this time was the best out of all the previous years camp. Finally no more food from budget hawker stalls. Haha. But well, this camp wasn't really that impactful, for me. Perhaps it may be to others. Maybe I was just too exhausted during the camp. Sigh. But still this year's camp has its own fun in a way, though previous years camp at Punggol was still better. But still credits to all who had made the camp successful, especially the camp commitee, not including me cause all I did was just games. Haha.

Just to clear up any misconceptions, I'm not complaining about anything of the camp, just pending down my thoughts of the camp. Haha, cause I think it looks like I'm complaining alot. Anyway, got to appreciate the second last youth group camp I may attend. Next year may be my last, and its off to army. And when go back, I may just be an assistant helping out in the camp, not as someone attending the camp. Kind of sad huh. Haha, but I guess it'll be time to move on. Anyway, if there are any photos of the camp being post up please inform me. Haha.

No comments: